Strategic Enabling Officer – Housing needed in Bideford £16.71ph PAYE – Reference:5179485
• Lead on and be responsible for maximising the supply of affordable housing delivery in order to meet the needs.
• Respond to planning consultations under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended). Through this process provide advice on aspects such as applicable AH policy, tenure, size of units and whether the planning application is supported/not-supported in relation to AH proposals
• Promote the delivery of new affordable housing (in liaison with planning colleagues) in compliance with the adopted Local Plan and relevant Supplementary Planning Documents.
• Implement Strategic Objectives specifically with reference to the delivery of new housing.
• Research the range of existing affordable housing initiatives and the impact of new national policy and legislative changes and produce guidance notes and devise policy and strategy accordingly in line with innovative and good practice models
• Contribute towards reviews of and production of policy including the Local Plan and Supplementary Planning Documents
• Collect, maintain and prepare a variety of accurate key performance information, statistical information, data, action plans and housing information in an easily accessible, informative an timely manner for the purpose of performance monitoring, Government Office returns and requests from external organisations and members of the public.
• Work with communities to identify housing needs, potential development sites and opportunities through site appraisals to facilitate the development of a range of appropriate affordable housing, such as delivery through CLTs; Registered Providers; developers; or the community itself. Consider opportunities to ensure the deliverability of schemes, through the use of open market cross-subsidy, grant funding (where available), low-cost borrowing, or RP funding etc.
• Having a detailed knowledge of and keeping up to date with housing and planning issues, legislation and new programmes and guidelines in respect of viability.
• Identifying potential development opportunities and delivery mechanisms
• Identify priorities for funding relating to new affordable housing and prepare responses to consultations papers as required.
• Support the delivery of the Homes England Affordable Housing Programme in maximising investment in the district by evaluating and supporting bids and opportunities in conjunction with Approved Providers.
• Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with external partners including registered providers, Homes England, private developers, landowners, both statutory and voluntary sector partners in terms of development of new affordable housing to increase the level of affordable housing.
This is working Full time hours on a temporary contract basis
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.