Senior Planning Officer needed in Bristol £21.60ph PAYE – Reference:RQ413725
This is working full time hours on a temporary contract basis
• You will undertake site inspections, negotiations and preparation of reports and presentation to the Strategic Sites Delivery Committee in order to implement the land use and transport policies through predominantly large scale major and strategic applications.
• Lead negotiations with developers, their agents and third parties for applications and Section 106 contributions, in connection with strategic, major and all related applications to reduce the adverse impact of proposals to achieve more acceptable outcomes
• You will be responsible for the planning and managing of their caseload with the minimum of supervision.
• Attend internal and external meetings, providing advice to colleagues and outside bodies, such as public and co-ordinate and implement Planning Performance Agreements with Developers.
• Prepare written appeal statements, present evidence at hearings and court proceedings, represent the client as expert witness public inquiries.
• Liaise with work activities in other sections of the client in connection with Strategic Major Sites delivery, for example Planning Policy Officers for Development Plan Policy development and Development Management planning officers
• Provide general assistance and cover for absent colleagues to ensure the efficient operation of the planning service. To assist in the formulation of planning policies and related documents.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.