Senior Accountant needed in Preston, Paying £20.98ph – Reference: RQ1132043
• To keep up to date of new legislation, statutory guidance and policy developments in local government
• Preparation and advice to service(s) on Revenue and Capital Budgets and Medium-Term Financial Forecasts
• Annual Closure of Accounts for Services in order to prepare the Client’s Statement of Accounts ensuring adherence to relevant Accounting Codes of Practice, Statement of Recommended Practice and other applicable accounting standards
• Provide timely and relevant budget monitoring information and advise accordingly
• Prepare and maintain periodic balance sheet reconciliations in respect of services e.g. stock, work in progress and some centrally held provisions and reserves
• Providing strategic and technical advice to Senior Management and Budget Holders across the range of expertise
• Advising Directorates/Services/Committees on Budget/Business Strategies/Initiatives
• Providing advice and support on financial implications for committee reports
• Prepare and submit technical grant claims, completion of other relevant technical Government returns as required
• Provide training for non-financial managers across the Client
• To advise on and develop, implement and continuously review systems and procedures
• Attending meetings on behalf of and representing the Section 151 Officer (or Deputy) to Senior Management CMT/DMT and Members as required and to provide the relevant advice e.g. strategy & business planning.
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Pensions Management Principle accountant needed in Bedford £440-£550 per day ref 5245163 Hybrid – 2 days required in office in...Apply For This Job