Quantity Surveyor needed in Preston, Paying £19.86ph – Reference: RQ1194362
• Working with the Operations Manager to ensure delivery of Capital works in accordance with procedures and HSEQ policies
• Manage their schemes programme of works, ensuring operations are delivered within agreed timescales and budgets
• To manage and investigate any damages caused by third parties, to ensure maximum income recovery is achieved
• Ensure the Operations Manager is kept updated on programmed schemes and to closely monitor their progress and budget
• Plan, organise, control and be responsible for their schemes ensuring that all staff make the most effective and economical use of labour, plant and material resources under their control and to set, monitor and report on performance and financial targets for each project being undertaken
• Manage a team who will be assisting the delivery of Projects related schemes encompassing; new and existing highway construction, drainage, public realm, retaining walls, culverts, surfacing, traffic safety infrastructure, SUDS etc.
• Assist the Operations Manager to ensure schemes are properly planned and designed and in accordance with customer and client expectations
• Deal with customers and members to ensure works are properly communicated through agreed lines of communications
• Ensure customer enquiries are responded to in line with the county’s agreed timescales and communication processes
• Ensure all schemes are being delivered by a suitably qualified and trained direct work force in line with the Highways Operations mandatory training framework
• Ensure tendering and procurement of both materials and sub-contractors, in association with central procurement is delivered in a timely manner to allow uninterrupted delivery of schemes/schemes
• Responsibility for the administration of contracts to ensure all works are in accordance with the specification laid down, to monitor, review and take corrective action where necessary
• Ensure the highest quality of work is being delivered by the service, defect free and in line with customer expectations and specifications
• In this role you will be required to investigate and respond to issues raised by elected members that may involve conflicting views and specific or unusual circumstances
• HAMS/PPMS – Ensure their teams are completing daily, weekly tasks to deliver work objectives and ensure information recorded is accurate and available to the management team
• Delivering the Out of Hours service and responding to emergencies, including weather emergencies (at any time) ensuring they are dealt with in a prompt, competent and safe manner
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.