Area Housing Officer needed in Nottingham, £25ph PAYE – Reference: RQ1193848
1. Ensure by investigation, support, negotiation and enforcement that tenants comply with their conditions of tenancy.
2. Ensure that anti-social behaviour complaints are investigated thoroughly and actions are taken that are in accordance with policy and procedure.
3. Ensure that tenancies are administered in accordance with legislation and policy
4. To focus on trying to sustain tenancies and try to resolve neighbourhood management problems without the need for enforcement
5. To undertake visits to tenants to ensure sustainment, appropriate management and necessary enforcement of tenancies
6. To ensure that referrals are made to other agencies, including statutory agencies, to ensure that tenants receive the support that they need or that situations that are of immediate concern are escalated accordingly in accordance with the duties.
7. To take necessary steps to ensure that neighbourhoods are safe and secure places to residents to live
8. To work proactively in partnership with other stakeholders in the local community to improve neighbourhoods as places to live.
9. Prepare witness statements and collate information for possession hearings at Court and to attend Court as necessary.
10. Prepare and serve Notices of Seeking Possession and Notices to Quit in consultation with the Legal Services Team.
11. Represent the department in meetings, with other sections, Directorates and outside agencies.
12. Interview tenants at the offices, at housing surgeries and in their home on all aspects of their tenancies.
13. To attend evictions where appropriate.
14. Follow and comply with the procedures in place for the department on all housing and related matters.
15. Provide appropriate advice in respect of all tenures, on such matters as the creation and determination of tenancies and rights of occupation.
16. Liaise and build good partnerships and working relationships with other Sections, Directorate’s and outside agencies, where necessary.
17. Attend meetings of tenant and resident groups when required including meetings out of office hours.
18. Keep clear and concise file notes of all contact with customers and provide clear and concise written reports and chronologies for other officers when requested.
19. Maintain accurate records and statistics in relation to the work of the section.
20. Assist with the control/monitoring of the section’s budgets.
21. Carry out any other duties that are within the scope and grading of the post which could also be requested by the line manager, Head of Service or Chief Executive
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Housing Complaints & Correspondence Officer needed in SE London The hourly rate is £19.05ph PAYE This is a temporary role...Apply For This Job