Christmas Office Hours and Payroll Deadlines
Thank you to our candiates and clients for all your support this year.
With the Christmas bank holidays approaching, this information has been provided to clarify the payroll deadlines over the next few weeks.
Please read carefully and if you have any questions please call the payroll team on 0330 335 3333.
Monday 12th December to Friday 16th December
- We will run a normal payroll service and payments will be made at the usual times
- Payroll do require all hours worked during this week to be submitted early – ideally on the morning of Friday 16th December so the timesheets can be approved by line managers.
- Payment will be made the following week as usual
Monday 19th December to Friday 23rd December
- If you are working between the 19th and 23rd please make sure your timesheets are submitted by 12pm on Friday 23rd December. There is a short working period the following week, due to the bank holidays, so our payroll needs your timesheets as soon as possible.
Monday 26th December and Tuesday 27th December
- Bank Holidays – Office closed but a voicemail is in operation for any urgent matters.
Wednesday 28th December to Friday 30th December
- All staff including payroll will be working during the usual hours of 9am – 5pm to assist with any issues
- If you are working during this week please submit your hours ASAP so they can be processed in time for payroll the following week
- All umbrella and PAYE payrolled staff will be paid on Friday 30th December as long as timesheets are approved – this will be for all approved timesheets for week ending 25th December
- Monday 2nd January Bank Holiday- Office Closed
- Tuesday 3rd January – Normal office hours resume and payroll returns to the usual schedule
If you are going to be on leave during the Christmas or New Year weeks then please email To ensure your worked hours do not miss the deadlines please feel free to email our Accounts Team – firstname.lastname@example.org or call us ASAP with your holiday requirements.
Please ensure that when you give your hours to us either by email or over the phone let us know when your first day back after the holiday period will be.
It is always your responsibility to submit your own timesheets. We will do our best to remind you but ultimately if you forget then there is little we will be able to do.
We will be in the office over the holidays periodically and a voicemail facility will be in operation. So if you need to contact us please call the usual number (0330 335 3333) and a member of staff will get back to you as soon as we can.
To ensure your worked hours do not miss the deadlines please feel free to email our Accounts Team – email@example.com
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the central office.
We hope you have a fantastic Christmas break from everyone at Essential Employment!