Shift mechanical Engineer
Shift mechanical Engineer needed in maintenance department £15.86ph ref 5107397
This is working full time hours on a temporary basis.
For non-supervisory roles performs skilled work requiring technical training (NVQ3 or equivalent)
- Has completed a Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Up to 3 year’s business experience, Level 3 NVQ or Certificate Level of Qualification. Graduate entry point
- Work on own and as part of an integral member of a team carrying out routine Mechanical PPM and minor repair works.
- Carry out skilled Mechanical Planned maintenance, repair and improvements. - Install new plant and equipment when required
- Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant. - Be proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings and fittings.
- Work in accordance with Work Instructions, Safe Working Practices and Method Statements ensuring relevant paperwork is completed in an accurate timely manner.
- Maintain stock control systems as directed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of plant rooms, workshops and storage areas.
- Work safely, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of yourself, colleagues, customers and visitors.
- Promote a customer-focussed service.
- Act as a Competent Person as directed and appointed.
- Accountable for the completion of standard or non-standard tasks within own area
- Acts as part of a team to delivers activities which support operational objectives
- Manages a variety of tasks and is able to plan accordingly within the short-term
- Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using job/specialist experience
- Maybe subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required -Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
- Supervises the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility
- May supervise a small team - typically spending more than 50% of time supervising
- Able to organise a small team of individuals carrying out similar tasks
- May assist less experienced staff
- Manages the delivery of a team and escalates individual performance issues