Learning Disabilities – Commissioning Specialist
Learning Disabilities - Commissioning Specialist needed in Bournemouth £500per day PAYE ref - 5142225
This is working full time hours on a temporary contract basis
The interim role is to support the Head of Strategic Commissioning – Disabilities in a strategic review of accommodation for adults with learning disabilities. You will be responsible for project managing the start of a longer term programme to reduce the clients reliance on residential care for people with learning disabilities, mental health and autism as part of the Adult Social Care Strategy.
• To ensure that all commissioned services deliver a person-centred, strength- based approach that
promotes independence, choice and control and puts dignity at the heart of care and support
• To ensure that the voice of people who use the services, their carers and their advocates are at the
heart of the commissioning and review of services through effective mechanisms for involvement
• To ensure commissioned services are delivered to meet the priorities for improving the health and
well-being of vulnerable adults, young people in transition to adulthood and their carer’s. This will
involve working with key partners, including the NHS, to identify local service development and
opportunities for joint working.
• To provide effective oversight and co-ordination to drive service improvement and ensure the
commissioning programme delivers on time and within budget
• To ensure effective budget monitoring arrangements are in place within the team and that timely
corrective action is taken to deal with any variances and eventualities that arise.
• To work closely with partners including public health leads to contribute to the planning and delivery
of commissioning priorities alongside the business planning process for the service unit and ASC