Homeless Assessment Officer
- To deputise for the Team Leaders as required.
- To work with people in housing need and those who are potentially homeless to identify and address their housing and support needs. To identify problems causing their potential homelessness and provide them with tailored advice and assistance to secure alternative settled accommodation and prevent their becoming homeless.
- To work proactively with relevant departments, partners and private and registered social landlords to ensure that effective support is identified and implemented to prevent homelessness, ensure timely assessments and support clients into settled accommodation.
- To identify the support needs of service users and make appropriate referrals to other teams and external agencies.
- To ensure performance targets are met maintaining full and accurate records of all contact on the appropriate IT or manual systems.
- To ensure manual and computerised records are updated in an accurate and timely manner, and that data relevant to the future development of homelessness prevention and assessment services is written up and reported in an appropriate format.
- Assisting clients to access and signposting to other statutory, non-statutory and voluntary agencies where relevant.
- To highlight any concerns about service users where appropriate to the appropriate agency (e.g. concerns about child protection or adult abuse).
- Completion of risk assessments in respect of service users and for communicating these appropriately and confidentially to other staff.
- To participate with colleagues in any ‘out-of-hours’ rota and to deal with emergency situations occurring outside normal office hours.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Relevant practical experience
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All of our roles are subject to pre-employment checks including right to work and references so please be prepared.
Due to the high volume of CVs that we receive, we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always, however, hear from us if we are able to take your CV forward.