Executive Lead (Hybrid) needed in Dorset, £830 per day PAYE – Reference: 5238976
Hybrid basis as and when required by the client (at least 2 to 3 days a week in Dorchester and some remote working)
Own transport neded
1. Working with the Chief Executive and Elected Members to provide leadership, vision and strategic direction, ensuring robust resources to deliver Future Dorset’s corporate priorities and objectives.
2. Acting as a strategic change maker to shape and grow a brand new ‘fit for the future’ organisation, working collaboratively to translate the vision and strategy into action.
3. Providing strong leadership across Place services and to inspire inclusivity and diversity, promoting high levels of employee engagement and shaping the future talent of the organisation.
4. Providing a key leadership role for staff working in the Place directorate and ensuring accountability of services to local communities through consultation with local people and, in particular, users of services.
1. Naturally operating as a member of the Executive Leadership Team to deliver the organisation’s corporate priorities, deputising for the Chief Executive where appropriate.
2. Influencing and inspiring high level senior stakeholders, including government departments, public bodies, businesses and community groups, establishing credibility to realise new opportunities and to transform our local and national reputation.
3. Providing strategic vision to ensure high levels of performance, setting clear direction and fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence.
4. Accountability for effective financial leadership of all Place services, ensuring that all services are delivered within budget and that available resources are used to best effect.
5. Ensuring political leaders are well briefed and informed about key priorities, nurturing a culture of good governance to meet local needs and promoting continued Member development, particularly in relation to community leadership.
6. Developing effective working relationships with Leaders, other political group leaders, the wider group of elected Members and other key senior stakeholders.
7. Translating strategic objectives for development and growth into clear policies and tangible delivery plans.
8. Ensuring robust and effective corporate governance, financial, performance and risk and assurance systems and processes are in place.
9. Chairing and developing the Place Management Team to develop broader organisational capability, ensuring flexible and robust resources are applied to achieve future objectives, levering additional resources and funds where required.
10. Revolutionising our customer-focused and innovative organisational culture, taking controlled risks to achieve greater success and outcomes for our residents.
This is a full time role on a temporary contract basis
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.