Our client is looking for an Estates Officer. To ideally have worked within the social housing sector previously and will have extensive estates management experience as well as knowledge of the regulatory and legislative requirements that we need to comply with.
They will be an excellent communicator who can engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. You will be self-motivated with a high level of initiative, you will work well autonomously but also be a good team player with the ability to work to tight deadlines efficiently and prioritise your workload whilst being fully committed to customer service, innovation and improving service delivery.
Reporting to the Housing Asset Manager you will:
- Take a commercial approach securing value for money, optimising income and identifying and delivering creative and sustainable solutions
- Hold a RICS qualification and have relevant land and property experience.
- Provide advice on negotiation of leases, licences, agreements, easements and other rights over land and buildings.
- Assist the Asset Manager in the development and implementation of the Council’s property and land disposals programme, following the necessary procedures and regulations.
- Identify and create a register of land parcels and properties surplus to the Council’s requirements based on performance and socio economic factors
- Carry out various valuations for the disposal and acquisition of land and properties.
- Assist the Housing Asset Manager in developing a more proactive asset management service with an emphasis on value for money and efficiencies