Data Protection Co- Ordinator needed in Barnsley £21.21ph PAYE – Reference:0004 9560 / 1
Key duties and responsibilities of our Data Protection Coordinator:
– Identify, evaluate and review the Company’s data processing activities and maintain an up-to-date article 30 records of processing activity in liaison with managers across the Company
– Prepare and deliver training courses and communications to staff and develop and review a range of resources to help staff to comply with their data protection responsibilities
– Provide regular reports for Risk and Audit Committee on compliance with data protection legislation
– Maintain an up to date knowledge of data protection legislation and research & communicate best practice in data protection compliance
– Work with the Head of Governance and Strategy to ensure the company has an appropriate information Governance Strategy in place and to regularly review and update the strategy and associated action plans
– Support managers to undertake Data Protection Impact Assessments ensuring privacy by design
– Investigate data incidents and action as appropriate and identify any weaknesses in the processes
– Be the first point of contact for all data protection issues and escalating matters where appropriate
– Deal with requests by data subjects in relation their rights under data protection legislation
This post will be agile so will work from home and if restrictions allow at the office
The role is 22.5 hours per week with days to be agreed.
This is working Part time hours on a temporary contract basis
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.