Customer Care Officer / Complaints needed in Bradford, £17.06 – £17.53ph PAYE – Reference:5238881
1. To deal with complaints as appropriate and to make timely decisions on the actions required to resolve the concerns; e.g. undertaking a terms of reference on behalf of the Service (where appropriate); carrying out investigations and responding to the complainant, using available information, own experience and initiative.
2. Responsible for prioritising and managing own workload concluding cases effectively and efficiently in accordance with legislation and policy or procedure.
3. To provide professional advice and guidance to all BCFT Departments/Service Areas and, where appropriate, complainants, to define the most appropriate approach including mediating and facilitating mutually acceptable resolutions.
4. Expected to deal with, and where appropriate, carry out investigations into complex complaints, that can be highly confidential and/or sensitive and could involve investigating and /or gathering evidence from multiple sources.
5. To ensure effective liaison and dialogue with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to, members of the public; employees – all levels; Senior BCFT Management, Trustees, Departments and Services, Elected Members, other Local Authorities; Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.
6. To undertake quality assurance of complaint responses BCFT wide and, as appropriate, to make recommendations to Departments/Services Areas.
7. To apply the Trust’s reminder and escalation process BCFT wide to improve the response times for complaint handling.
8. To be the escalation point for difficult and vexatious complainants Trust wide and to assist in the application of BCFT’s vexatious policy.
9. To interpret changes in complaints legislation, national and local policy and give advise and guidance on complaint handling procedures, process and practice as appropriate.
10. To suggest improvements to Complaints processes and procedures gained from complaint handling and customer feedback.
11. To assist the Head of Governance & Compliance Service and the Complaints Manager in developing and reviewing complaint handling working practices and delivering a Trust wide training programme for complaint handling.
12. To assist, as directed by the Complaints Manager or the Head of Governance & Compliance Service, in the Trust’s liaison with the Local Government Ombudsman.
This is a Full time role on a temporary contract basis.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.