Clerk of works/construction supervisor
Clerk of works/construction supervisor needed in Warrington £14.30ph ref 0003 954D/1
This is working full time hours on a temporary basis.
- Significant experience of inspecting and maintaining appropriately detailed records of construction activities, progress against programme and constraints, including recording of productivity of labour, plant and materials
- Considerable demonstrable experience of contract management techniques #
- Significant experience of delivering projects and project management techniques
- Experience of working as part of a large multi-disciplinary delivery team
- Experience of inspection of temporary traffic management arrangements
- Significant experience and knowledge of the legal and statutory requirements relative to the delivery of infrastructure projects
- Experience of the statutory requirements and legalities in relation to the Adoptions of Highways and / or the supervision of highway schemes.)
- Experience of statutory requirements and legalities in relation to Traffic Management and / or Collision Investigation.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive partnership working relations with contractors, sub-contractors, consultants and statutory undertakers as required
- Ability to interpret detailed and complex technical information from both documents and drawings and apply them practically
- Ability to work with staff with varied backgrounds and skills and work in a multidiscipline environment
- Ability to compile and present reports and to provide responses to correspondence as required
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with strong negotiating skills to be able to influence and convince, managing expectations and developing positive working relationships with a variety of partners, contractors and stakeholders
- Strong decision making skills, setting appropriate targets and escalating issues and decisions as necessary
- Ability to analyse complex situations and issues and to develop solutions by cooperative working relationships with other stakeholders where appropriate
- Ability to develop and mentor junior staff through suitable work experience as required (
Education / Qualifications / Knowledge
- HND in Civil Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Knowledge of Chapter 8 Temporary Traffic Management Regulations and their application
- Knowledge of the application process for Street Works permitting
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations 2015 and roles and Health and Safety legislation relevant to the construction industry
- Knowledge of NEC3 contract
- Full UK driving licence is required
- CSCS card
- Project management qualification / experience / skills
- Member of relevant technical/professional institution or can provide evidence of a measurable demonstration of required knowledge, skills and abilities and experience
If you are interested in the role, or you would like a full job description, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference number or call 0330 335 3333 to discuss the role further.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.