Capital repairs Accountant
Capital repairs Accountant needed in East London £22.28ph paye ref 5865 INSIDE IR35 Ref 5865
This is working full time hours on a temporary basis.
To be responsible for capital accounting in the general ledger, and co-delivery with Property Services of good quality governance, monitoring and reporting of the Capital Investment Programme.
To delegate repairs budget, ensuring that effective management information is produced that is reconciled to the financial systems.
The post holder is expected to have impact on, and add value to both of these areas.
- Responsible for Capital and Repairs general ledger. Ensuring Accuracy and completeness.
- Lead for the year end close of capital and repairs in line with timescales, including the assessment of the correct level of accruals at the year end.
- Ensure clear and transparent governance around scheme authorisation and value for money in scheme estimates, and the payment processes for both capital and repairs.
- Lead on developing and improving systems, both financial and non-financial.
- Deliver positive change by working closely and collaboratively with colleagues in Finance, Property Services, SMT, and audit.
- Deliver accurate, consistent, monthly reporting of consolidated capital expenditure and repairs expenditure within agreed timescales. Challenge and influence monthly forecasts. Link financial information with operational information and outcomes.
- CCAB qualified, or part qualified and actively seeking qualification.
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- High level of computer literacy, including Excel at advanced level
- Experience of budget monitoring, preferably in capital
- Experience of completing reconciliations
- Manipulating large volumes of complex data accurately
- Working with non-finance staff and managers
- Year-end close, preferably in capital
- Preparing and posting journals