Adult Learning & Skills Manager needed in Wigan £189per day ref 0004 23E9 / 1
Working full time hours on a temporary basis.
You will lead and manage the Adult Learning Service, ensuring organisational effectiveness through the development and delivery of high quality, responsive services to learners and employers. To do this you will supervise, manage and develop managers and team members in order to deliver the service efficiently and effectively.
The service is undergoing transformation and you will need to review the whole of current operations to maximise and develop the service while motivating and supporting staff and ensuring the alignment of Adult Learning provision with the client’s strategic priorities.
You will maintain effective working relationships internally within the client, and with key stakeholders and external partners to deliver quality Adult Learning within the borough and support the implementation Employment and Skills Strategy.
In the next 12 months, you will:
• Review the whole of current operations to maximise and develop the service
• Ensure the strategic and operational alignment of Adult Learning provision
• Be accountable for the delivery of high-quality adult learning provision, with effective management of providers and directly delivered provision, ensuring the provision is responsive to learner and employer needs
• Lead and be accountable for the development of the Quality Improvement Plan and Self-Assessment Report, identifying areas for continuous improvement, the quality of teaching and learning practice and implementing priorities and actions for improvement
• Be accountable as the designated safeguarding lead for Safeguarding and Prevent duties across the service and as the nominee during Ofsted inspections of the quality and effectiveness of adult learning.
• Be the lead accountable officer for adult learning grant funding, ensuring the timely return of data, financial and other reports required by the Greater Manchester Combined Authority and Education and Skills Funding Agency and other funding bodies.
• Lead the development and implementation of the Service Business Plan and associated objectives and targets, ensuring the effective management of budgets and deployment of resources
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.