SEN Planning Review Officer
SEN Planning Review Officer needed in Dorset Ref 5142373 Paying £10.63 - 13.24 per hr
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of current legislation and best working practices relating to the SEN function.
- Draft (and later finalise) Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) consistent with interpretation of current Statement, collated professional advice, the needs of the child, statutory requirements, local policy and the Local Offer.
- Facilitate, or occasionally chair, meetings (usually Transfer Reviews) with young people, parents, schools and professionals to undertake the transfer process.
- Work proactively with parents and carers of children with SEND and liaise with schools, colleges, Early Years settings and other services and agencies as appropriate.
- Advise on the provision of transport and the use of Passenger Assistants in line with policy and guidance.
- Assist in the production of management information through interrogation of manual and computer based systems.
- Participate in and contribute to mediation and disagreement resolution where appropriate.
- Provide advice and information to parents, professionals and Panels.
- Liaise with SEN Planning Coordinators to arrange school admissions and school transfers of pupils with EHCPs within Dorset in accordance with national and local guidelines.
- Recommend SEN provision in conjunction with young people and their families, a wide range of professionals, service providers and under the guidance of SEN Managers