Lawyer needed in East London Ref 374619 Paying £22.74 - 28.33 per hr
To be responsible for giving legal advice, draft contractual documentation, and providing support to clients on data protection and commercial matters.
To provide legal advice and assistance on:
- existing contracts in order to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018;
- preparing, maintaining and updating legal documents and contracts, in relation to GDPR and other relevant data protection/privacy legislation;
- on the practical implications of the data protection legislation (including GDPR).
- To provide contractual drafting and have experience with the data transfer, data processor and data-sharing agreements.
- To attend, advise and provide legal services to such meetings and committees as are required.
- To provide legal advice within other areas of local government law as required or directed.
- To ensure effective working relationships with clients.
- To keep up to date with changes in data protection, contract, procurement law and other relevant developments; to keep clients informed of new legislation and case law relevant to their operations, including providing training to clients, and ensuring that they maintain a sound appreciation of legal requirements.